Monday, August 9, 2010

Shout Out His Name

WOW OH WOW OH WOW!!!!!

Today was so great and it was all because Kyle and I got to perform our song that we wrote called "Shout Out His Name".

Ok, before I get into this, if I type something that doesn't make sense or I have a few typos or something....forgive me....I'm writing this at 3am.

So I just got done uploading the audio file of our performance this morning to youtube. I had to go through Windows Movie Maker though so youtube would except the file. Oh well, whatever. It took forever, but it's done.

I knew I had to write about this today because I didn't want to forget the feeling. My friend Steve always says to write it down while it's still fresh that day so you can never forget what you're feeling in that moment. So this is what that is.

We got such amazingly positive feedback today from our song that I'm actually in a hurry now to try and copyright it. So, learning about that process will come tomorrw.....errrrr......today since it's already 3am. That's beside the point though. The performance was practically flawless and I enjoyed doing it so much.

I am so humbled and so priveleged to have such and amazing church family who loves and supports me and allows me to do stuff like this. Our worship coordinator is a truly special lady who I will remain anonymous because I don't know if she would want me to put her name up here. Hahaha....ok, so I just decided I will call her Mrs. J.

So anyway, Mrs. J is one of those people that you can always count on a smile from. You can always expect a prayed upon request (in other words she prays about a decision before she asks you about it), and a woman who is so full of grace and humility that it impresses me everytime I'm in her presence.

I also have the honor of playing with her son in the band I'm in. He is our drummer, and Vince is killer at drums!! He has such an amazing talent for what he does, and he has a huge passion. Those 2 mixed together equals a SICK combination for our band. What a great guy, and someone who honors God with the way he acts and speaks.

The band is just an awesome avenue that I can't wait to start using to reach people for Christ.

Anyway, like I said, it's 3am, and I'm dead tired. So I'm going to bed for now, but just wanted to share what a blessing and honor it was to be able to share our song this morning and have it go so well.

Live for Him,
Stephen

No comments: