Saturday, August 7, 2010

All Over The Place

I titled this blog "All Over The Place" because after I wrote it, I realized I jumped all over the place with different topics....so good luck. haha. A.D.H.D. in written form below...wow:


I truly enjoy helping people. I really, really do. There's a flip side to that though....I enjoy helping people who help themselves. If you are just sitting there like a bump on a log waiting for me to come along and save you....you've got another thing coming. One thing my friends know about me, is that if I have the ability to pick up your check at a meal or something small and meaningful like that...I'm going to do it.

I guess one of the reasons that I enjoy helping people so much is that I have been helped so much throughout the years. I owe a LOT to a LOT of people, but the cool part is, those people expect nothing in return, and that's where I want to be as a human. I mean, there have been many times where I have just been at my wits end having tried every avenue I could think of, and along comes someone to save the day. It's a great feeling to be helped by someone because it lets you know that someone cares.

Truthfully, I think that's what everyone wants in the first place....they just want someone to care. No one likes the feeling of being alone all the time. I mean, I understand the difference between being an extravert and an intravert, but I would have a very hard time believing that anyone would want to be alone constantly.

Personally, it drives me nuts if I'm alone for longer than 2 hours. haha. That's just who I am though, I am very much a people person, and it makes me happy to be around my friends and family who care about me. That's a huge reason why I enjoy working at a hotel so much...it gives me the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and interact with people that otherwise, I would have never had the opportunity to do so.

One of the perks of my job and working for the Hilton hotel chain is that I can get $29 a night room anywhere in the world whenever I want. There's actually one of our employees here that does the breakfast 2 days a week just so she can receive this benefit. She doesn't need the extra money and her husband works, they just travel a lot and love the benefits of having that discount.

I want to be able to travel one day for a living. That is one of my goals. Whether it be through music, or otherwise, I want to travel. For being 22 years old, I have already traveled out of the country and around the United States a good bit, but I would LOVE to do it long term. There's just something about going to a new place and taking pictures.

That's another thing....I love taking pictures. I've been told that I'm pretty good at it, but I would love to take some classes to really hone in on my talent. I think being able to travel the world and keep a picture journal and then later sell it as a book would be insanely awesome. I remember as a child going to career day at school and there was a man who was a professional photographer and worked for National Geographic taking pictures. Now THERE is a cool job!

Anyhow...no lesson today...just some random thoughts. Enjoy your day and go to church tomorrow!!!

Live for Him,
Stephen

No comments: