Tuesday, August 10, 2010

His Grace Is Perfect

After I got done writing the blog last night, I went in my room and had my quiet time. I opened up my "This Daily Light" which is a devotional that's pure scripture. It takes different references of scripture from the Bible and compiles them into a single reading to relate to a single topic. So anyway, I started to read the devotion for August the 9th in the evening portion. Nothing.

Now what? Do I go to bed? Do I cry because of the pain I'm going through? Do I punch the wall? Do I go outside and punch a tree and picture people's faces that I dislike? What - do - I - do?

So I prayed. I just started talking to God and pouring my heart out to Him. Told Him everything that was going on, and told Him that I would really like His feedback on the whole situation. (By the way, I talk to God like He's my best friend and He's sitting right there next to me....nothing formal.)

Anyhow, like I said, I told him that I could really use some feedback.....once again....nothing. No voice through the darkness, no grand idea that instantly popped in my head, no overwhelming feeling that He was there with me, just...nothing.

So, I decided to play what I affectionately call, "Bible Roulette". This is where you take the Bible and open it up to some random place and hope that it is either something interesting or something that at least relates to what you're going through.

Right before I opened it up, I said, "Ok God...here we go. Talk!"

Now, not to say that I have some power over God, because that is just not the case, but I know that in my heart I believed He would talk to me through His word, and I "stepped out on faith" and tried to listen.

Opened it up, and BAM! Ecclesiastes 3:1.....this is how it reads:
"To everything there is a season. A time for every purpose under Heaven."

I closed my Bible and went to sleep knowing that God had spoken to me, and was specifically telling me that He was in control, that He knew what was going on, and that there was a purpose. Even if I don't know what the purpose for me going through this is, He does....and that's all that matters.

Don't know about you, but I serve an awesome God.

Life for Him,
Stephen

No comments: