Friday, August 6, 2010

Inadequate

A word that is not used very often, but one that describes how many people feel.

Have you ever felt inadequate for a task that you knew you were supposed to do, but you just felt like God didn't know what He was doing when He chose you as the person to do it?

I'm not sure why, but lately, I feel totally inadequate, and I guess that's where God wants us. He wants us at the point where He can get all the glory. If we were able to do it all on our own, there would be no reason for Him to allow it, because He would receive no glory.

I'm so excited about what's going on in my life right now with my walk with the Lord, and the great responsibilities that He has given me, but I just feel like I'm not the right guy for the job. As I wrote about yesterday, I've been torn a lot. For me, the feeling of being inadequate and being torn, a lot of times, go hand in hand.

I've found that God often "tears" us down so he can rebuild us again totally in His image.

I'm reminded about Gideon in the Bible, and how he was the youngest, and smallest of his entire tribe. Yet, God still used him to defeat an entire army. However, as if being the youngest and smallest wasn't enough, God took the size of Gideon's army from 32,000 to 300 soldiers. Keep in mind as well, that these weren't necessarily all trained soldiers either. These were your average people that decided they would go and help fight. Also, the way that God chose them was by the way they drank from a stream. How much sense does that make??? All these things happened so that there would be no doubt that it was God who allowed the victory to happen. Have no doubt that it WILL happen God's way, or it won't happen at all. If God doesn't get the glory, you might as well forget it.

That's where I'm at...I feel like the size of my army is being reduced. But I still feel just as strong as ever.

Ever since I've totally started living for Christ, I've found that in the past months, God has offered me so many areas in which to serve Him. I was able to lead worship on a Sunday morning at the same church where my father was the former pastor which was extremely special for me. I have found that many people trust me now that did not before and that is because I've decided to be totally honest in the way I live my life. There have just been so many numerous thing change and they have definitely changed for the good now that I live for Him.

So if you ever feel like the underdog, know that throughout the Bible God used the underdogs most of the time so that He would get the glory. So be on the lookout for God to do great things in your life as He prepares your heart to serve Him.

It's something that I've learned a little about, and I'm still learning a lot about. Even though we are not adequate God's grace is enough!

Live for Him,
Stephen

No comments: