Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Moving!

So for those of you who don't know, I've been living with some very close friends of mine for the past 3 months which has been a-m-a-z-i-n-g because I love them so much. However, now, it is time to "venture out on my own" and find a place to live of my own.

So about 3 weeks ago I started searching for different room postings on craigslist and even took out my own "ad" saying that I was looking for somewhere to live in Stockbridge. I got a lot of responses and was able to find 4 places that I went and checked out this weekend. I went Sunday to one, and then Monday to 3 more.

Well, the one on Sunday was an experience. I'm telling you...absolutely....crazy. You can ask my friend Steve who went with me around to all these prospective places. It was one of the craziest experiences. The guy kept going off on tangents about the government and working out and how pure his water was at his house. He then started talking about how he "dares" anyone to enter his house without him knowing because quote, "...they'll be staring down the wrong end of a bow staff." CRAZY!!!! It was just total looney tunes.

So anyway, after that experience, needless to say I was a little hesitant about visiting the next 3 places the following day. After a night of not much sleep (go figure) Steve and I set out to go see the prospective places. We went to the first one which was great because it was centrally located between the church and work, it was a nice space, the woman (and her son) that live there are great, and it was $50 cheaper than what I had budgeted. So overall, just a really great experience.

We left there and headed out to the next place which was about 2 miles further away from work than what I'm currently at, plus it was the price I had budgeted. So going there, it already had 2 strikes against it when comparing it to the first location. Got there, and it was a trailer. Not so thrilled about that prospect, but also the room was a literal fourth of the size of the room at the first house. Here's the redeeming factor...the lady renting it was awesome. Just so nice and come to find out she is going to start working with an organization for people trying to quit addictions with a lady that used to go to North Henry Baptist. Steve and I had the opportunity, after she said she was in the process of finding another church, to invite her to our church and by the time we left I feel like she will come this Sunday. So this was definitely a "God appointment".

Finally we went to a place close to Eagles Landing Baptist Church where Casting Crowns are from. I figured going in that it would probably be the nicest place that I saw that day, but once again the distance....about 5 extra miles added onto the trip to work....and the price...which was the same as the previous...were 2 strikes against it. We got there and immediately I just got a bad vibe. The lady was very cold. We stepped in the door and she said "yeah so this is about it". I was thinking, "WHAT?? You're not even going to show me the room." So we just stood there ackwardly for a minute until she started walking towards the living room and we followed. It was just weird, and she was not cool at all.

Anyway, after that all afternoon affair, I had made my decision that the first house from that day is the one I wanted. So yesterday I sent an email to the lady, and then called her but hadn't received a response up until about 3 hours ago, when I got a text that said she would give me a call to discuss move-in dates, and she would send me the rental agreeement.
Soooo.....after all that long story you just read....here's the resolve....I got a place!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very excited, and very blessed that God was watching out for me and continues to do so.

Live for Him,Stephen

No comments: